So you are probably wondering about the title of this journey ‘The Dirty Paddler’ no this is not about a lowcountry kayak angler that falls out of the kayak into the pluff mud but it is actually a journey about a new yak angling fishing tournament hosted by ‘Higher Ground Outfitters’ in Beaufort, South Carolina. The boundary for the tournament will be any public launch between Port Royal Sound and St. Helena Sound. All paddle/peddle craft are welcome. There are no bait restrictions. The event will be a two fish tournament. The two species will be redfish and sea trout. The host will be awarding first, second, and third place for the combined length of the two species. There will also be prizes for the longest redfish and longest trout. As in most kayak fishing tournaments this event will be catch, photo, and release (CPR).
- 1st Place-Troy Alcott 24 1/4" Redfish 14" Trout Total-28 1/4"
- 2nd Place-Jay Elder 23" Redfish 14" Trout Total-37"
- 3rd Place-Brad Osborn 23" Redfish 14" Trout Total-37"
- Big Red-Hayden Furman-37 1/4"
- Big Trout-Bryan Green-19 1/2"